Open Data Principles
Although the datasets that have been released may not fully adhere to the principles below, we are working towards the shared goal of improving the accessibility and quality of our datasets to meet our objectives.
The following data sharing principles aim to guide the Government agencies' publication of data.
- Data made public shall be shared on Data.gov.bn to enable ease of discovery.
- Users should not have to register to access datasets published on Data.gov.bn.
- Datasets select for publication should promote analysis and reuse of that data.
- Data shared publicly should adopt the Data.gov.bn Data Policy to ensure that it can be used freely.
- Data should be fully described so that users have sufficient information to understand their meaning, as well as any limitations of the dataset.
- All data should be made available as quickly as possible.
- Data should be shared in as granular a form as possible but without compromising on data confidentiality or privacy.
- Unless it is not available, all data shall be published in machine-readable format (e.g. XLS, CSV).